Fashionable and Functional:
Area rugs serve a wide variety of purposes in home décor. They can be used to tie the look of a room together much as a scarf pulls an outfit together. They can help define separate spaces within a larger room or add a touch of warmth and color to a hardwood or tile floor. They can also serve as a link between rooms, and these are just some of the possibilities. Area rugs come in all shapes, colors, textures, and sizes. Be it wild or subtle, extravagant or simple, these rugs are an easy way to express your decorative flair.
The first rule of choosing an area rug is to understand that really are no rules per se. Since much of the selection process is based on your own personal taste and sense of style, we simply offer some general guidelines instead.
- Room size rugs should leave a border of 6” to 24” on all sides.
- Dining room rugs should measure at least 4’ longer and wider than the dining room table, so chairs will not fall off the rug when pushed back from the table.
- Hallway rugs should be approximately 4” to 6” narrower and 6” to 24” shorter than the hallway.
- Other area rugs will vary in size according to need.
- Try using different patterns that use some common colors in the same room for a coordinated look that is also fresh.
- When mixing patterns use simple with complex, floral with geometric, small with large.
- Don’t get boxed in by traditional rectangular or square rugs. Consider oval and round shapes as a way to inject new life in a room.
- Ruggieri Carpet One can fabricate an area rug any size or shape you want from our broadloom carpets. Select a carpet from our wall to wall selection,pattern or plain, and we will cut and bind it to the size you need.
We have a huge selection of area rugs in varying sizes, styles and colors come in and see for your self!